You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Introductions

Umm hello...is anyone there? ...testing, testing....one two...one two!
Well this is our blog! I'm thinking that if you're reading this, you already know 'us', but just in case you dont...
I'm Ryan Parkin (hence the blog title) and together with my wife, Natasha (or Tasha or Tash) and her ever-growing pregnant belly, we live in London, Ontario in the beautiful country of Canada. We moved here from England in 2005. In a nutshell, we're a Christian family, living out our faith in a foreign country.
To expand on that nutshell a little, I currently work as the Chaplain for a Salvation Army hostel and Tasha is (for 3 more days) the Youth Support Worker, also for The Salvation Army! (Her job comes to an end on Friday, which is a little bit sad but in a sense also convenient, as it coincides with her maternity leave!)
Well I won't get carried away with details right now, but let's just say that things are "in transition" in our lives at the moment, with impending parenthood and changes to both our jobs this year. Perhaps we'll take some time over the next few days to introduce ourselves properly and provide some more news, updates, photos and more exciting stuff for those of you who already know us and for those people who don't know us, but have nothing better to do than read our blog!!! No doubt this blog will focus a lot on Tasha's pregnancy, our child's birth and the growing-up process that little people tend to go through, but I'm sure we'll also take the opportunity to share things outside of the gooey, lovey parent process too!
Anyway, it's way past my bedtime, so I'll say goodnight....."Goodnight!"
Ryan

3 Comments:

At 2:08 pm, Blogger Tasha said...

Wooo! We have a blog! I have every intention of using this blog to reduce the number of emails I need to send (or feel guilty for forgetting to send!).
Okay it's on-line now, so you're all witnesses to my good intentions. You have permission to bug me if I get behind.
Love and Hugs,
Tasha & 'Baby Bump'

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Hello "Dummies"!

hahaha

looking forward to meeting your little person, so 'Baby Bump' can get to know our little people!

 
At 6:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you both, not spoke to for ages, give me a ring sometime or an e-mail, red_rum90@hotmail.com

james

 

Post a Comment

<< Home