You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wainscoting?

Could it be that the tongue and groove wood on the photos in the previous post is wainscoting? I have to admit, I don't know anything about it, but I looked around the internet and I found some pictures and descriptions that suggest it could be.

A couple more questions, to add to my list: Should I try insulate the gap between the old exterior wall and the new exterior wall before I drywall over it? And do I need to add any waterproof membrane or lining behind or below the new drywall that will touch the baseboards? The wall is behind the toilet and below a window, so it could get slightly damp, but it doesn't appear to have any current water damage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home