You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Monday, April 07, 2008

Michigan and Illinois

Last weekend, we took a trip over to Michigan to spend a long weekend with my Dad, my step-mum and my two step-sisters. The journey there was a long snowy drive that lasted over 7 hours, but it was worth the effort. The following day, it was decided that we would go to Chicago for the day. Being tired and grumpy from all the driving the day before, and having the mother of all headaches , I sulked my way to Chicago and for a couple of hours, I came close to spoiling the day for everyone. Fortunately, the Shedd Aquarium was a lot of fun and the sea creatures were pretty impressive.
After that, the rest of our trip was very laid back and we enjoyed being around family. It was over too soon though, and before we knew it, we were back in the car for the (less snowy and much faster) journey home.
My biggest frustration was that I didn't take enough photos, but here are a couple from the fountain outside the aquarium, which became the playground for a lot of kids while we waited in line to get into the building.


4 Comments:

At 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Chicago. Do you remember your first trip to the Shedd Aquairium Tasha (you were only 9)?

Love ... Grandpa X

 
At 3:43 pm, Blogger Claire said...

We were in Chicago but didn't get to see the Aquarium. We just went up the Sears Tower. I'll definitely have to have a look next time I go.

What was Gabriel looking up at? It's a gorgeous photo.

Miss you all lots
Love, Auntie Claire x x x

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger Ryan said...

I don't know what he was looking at. Either the sky or at me making silly noises! I love that photo...it's my desktop picture.
Miss you too,
Ryan x

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger Ryan said...

By the way Rick,
Tasha says she does remember her first visit to the aquarium. She said she remembers having to wait in line last time but not for so long (we waited over an hour to get in this time).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home