Quick Hello from the States
We arrived safely in Michigan late last night/early this morning after a 7 and a half hour drive! Border control is never particularly cheerful or fast, but there were no problems, aside from the length of the wait. There was a classic moment when the very serious-faced official asked for Tasha's left fingerprint (yes, us immigrants get fingerprinted, just for crossing the border!), followed by her right fingerprint and then without cracking a smile, asked for her left big-toe print. She stared at him blankly for a second, not sure how to react and then he (almost) smiled and said "just kidding". Personally, I would have waited to see if she could get her toe onto the desk before breaking the joke!
We then took an interesting detour, thanks to a mistake by me! I accidentally neglected to download all of the necessary maps for the GPS navigation thingy! Consequently, the computer had no idea that the I69 highway exists beyond Lansing and so before we realised what we were doing, we were on some winding back-roads on a merry detour. It was not-so-scenic (i.e. pitch black) but also not too far off course. Mental Note: check the map before we leave, next time!
Anyway, we're having a great time with my family and we spent today at the beach and the pier before coming home to relax. I got to ride my dad's ride-on lawnmower. It made me feel like a real man. I want a mower. I don't care that we don't have a lawn. I want one for the apartment. No really!
Maybe I'll 'blog' tomorrow if I remember. (Hmmmm...Is 'blog' a verb or a noun?) Keep the comments coming. I realized that the blog (noun) was set to only recieve comments from registered users, but I'd love to hear from you unregistered folk too, so I'll change the settings.
Bye for now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home