Toilet Leak
Steve fitted the toilet for us last night on the wooden subloor. It was only a temporary fitting, so we could use the bathroom without having to go visit a friend's house. The new toilet is nice (although the tank is HUGE ...about 13 litres, I think!) and it fits perfectly in the corner. However, after Steve left we noticed that a small amount of water would trickle out from under the toilet when we flushed.
I suspect that it's either because we fitted a steel repair flange over the old flange and/or because the new flange is higher than the subfloor. We were going to lay ceramic tile, so the toilet would have to come up when we got around to that, but now, due to stress and time restrictions, we may opt for vinyl tiles instead. The problem is that this wont add much height to the current subfloor, so we may need to address the leaky toilet issue soon. Fortunately, Steve had already kindly offered to return to help installing the sink and shower finishings, so we'll get things moving soon and call him back.
The task for tonight is to add the drywall behind (above) the bathtub, mud and tape it and then install the surround for the bath. We also need to (politely) complain to Home Depot that there was a part of the shower-set missing when we went through the box. It's the backplate for the tap, so it's pretty much essential. I just hope they believe that it was missing and don't think we are trying to fool them. Tasha wonders if someone had removed it in the store before she bought it. Unlike me, Tasha takes the front box from the shelf, whereas I always reach to the back to make sure I get an "untouched" item!!! I knew there was a good reason for that!
Labels: House

3 Comments:
If it is found out that you already need to replace sewers the trenchless sewer method is very efficient as this technique does not need complete digging up of sewer lines.
These are really helpful tips. it's high time we give back to nature. With the help of professional plumbers, you can avoid these problems with your pipelines and tubes.
Interesting article. Plumbing is a very important aspect in all phases of housekeeping.
Post a Comment
<< Home