You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Friday, June 08, 2007

Not more teeth!

Gabriel has been showing obvious signs of separation anxiety, possibly because we just moved house and everything is unfamiliar. Apparently it can happen in kids as young as seven months, so we've been dealing with a few more tears and tantrums than usual! I only have to take two steps away from him and he starts to whine and if I leave the room altogether he wails like I'm never coming back. I've read up about it and have a few tactics to try but the most important thing is to keep leaving and coming back until he realises it's not a permanent thing. It's kind of flattering to think there is a person in the world who loves me so me much he can't bear to be apart from me, but it's also rather frustrating when I'm used to a little more independence.
I was just cleaning Gabriel's teeth this morning when I noticed that two more are breaking through! No wonder he's been so teary I've missed blatant signs of teething because we've been so distracted by moving house...poor kid! So he now has four top teeth and two bottom teeth these ones are coming in fast though so hopefully this bout will be over very soon.
I had to put away his Moses basket yesterday too because he has learned object permanence so when he drops a toy over the side he dives over the edge after it and topples the whole thing over...not a fun game! I'm just praying he's not a complete nightmare on the plane with all this change going on around him. Unfortunately I don't have many recent pics to share because we've been so busy lately most of our pictures have been of renovations and not our little bambino. Here is a couple of funny ones from when he first met Cosmo the dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home