You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Sunday, June 24, 2007

There and back again a mother's tale

Our trip home to England was wonderful it started off so well because Gabriel slept the whole way on the plane, we were put to the front of every queue, I was given my food first on the plane (just in case he woke up), and we made good time despite strong headwinds. It was especially good to be back for almost two weeks because I felt I had time for everyone who was available and no-one had to be rushed or missed out.

Gabriel loved all the attention and even learnt a couple of new tricks - he can now do "High fives" if he's in a good mood and has his hands free. He also started to move his feet while standing, rather just staying rooted in one spot, he "walks" to where he wants to go...if you are willing to go there too and hold him up! His legs are still jelly though so there's no hope of letting go yet and he refuses to crawl despite his Grandpa's efforts and perseverance. He adjusted back to Canadian time within 36 hours so I'm really pleased with him. He clearly enjoyed all the love and affection he was shown during his stay with family and I'm a little sad now thinking of all the alone time we'll have again now that we're back on Canadian soil.

The great news is that Gran & Pops and Auntie Grace will be out to visit us in a month and we've got mums and kids camp coming up soon. There is always something to look forward to and I'm so grateful. It's been an emotional roller coaster lately with moving house, visiting the Uk and hearing about people we care about being sick. We're a little tired and worse for wear but we know it's in times like these that we have to hold on all the tighter to what we believe in. I've got loads more to write but I'm probably going to do a photo diary in the next post to make it more interesting.

Watch this space!

2 Comments:

At 4:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got home safely. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and I will remember our trip to the zoo for a long time.

Love ... Grandpa X

 
At 12:43 pm, Blogger Stephen said...

It was great seeing you all again! Love you all so much and Gabe just gets cuter all the time, are you sure I can't buy him off you?

By the way, me and Louisa have started a new blog, www.louisaandsteevyshow.blogspot.com
I'm gonna try keep it up to date so everyone knows what we're up to!
Anyone reading this feel free to look on it and leave as many comments as you like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home