Closer and closer
We had another pre-natal class tonight. This one was at the hospital and we were given a tour of the birthing centre. It's pretty impressive there and they answered a whole load of questions.
Suddenly the smallest of details are starting to be very important and much more significant than a few weeks ago. For example:
- Where do I park the car at the hospital?
- Will it be ok/will it cost a fortune to park there for up to 48 hours without leaving?
- Should I stay by Tasha's side from the minute she enters the hospital to the minute she leaves or should I go home occasionally while Tasha and baby are sleeping? (apparently I could stay for the whole time, if I wanted to....but do I want to? ...even if I want to, is it wise?)
- Will work let me have a couple of days/weeks off to spend with Tasha and baby?
- Will I phone our parents from the hospital or go home to make the calls? (international calls from public payphones cost about $4 just to connect the call and then more per minute!)
- If its the middle of the night when our baby is born, should I wait until morning before I call parents?
- If the baby arrives at the same time as Tasha's parents are supposed to be collected at the airport, should I book a bus for them? How will I let them know?
Goodnight!

1 Comments:
Hi Ryan, it's Sue Titcombe. I've been enjoying your blog and I loved this post.
The excitement of getting ready for a new baby is immense. So many decisions...
From personal experience, I stayed overnight in the hospital by myself the day Darcy was born and found it to be really hard. I had no idea what to do to get her stop crying! No one's getting much sleep, so maybe you should all be together instead of being in different places.
Our family is all out of town as well (although not international) and we had decided that if we went into the hospital in the middle of the night we would wait until morning to call anyone. We ended up going in at 1:30 a.m., calling people at 7:00 and having Darcy at 1:30 p.m.
I just thought hearing the experiences of others might help you guys decide what's best for you. Keep the updates coming!
Post a Comment
<< Home