You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (and Happy Birthday Rick)!
Tasha and I had a quiet Canadian Thanksgiving day today. We spent some time at home talking and watching part of the CSI Miami marathon on TV! After that, we went for a drive together and then walked around the park for an hour or so, chatting about baby stuff and life in Canada. Then we watched a movie (The Guardian) and finally came home and watched more TV. It was a simple day, but definitely one of the best days I've had for a while. I just love hangin out with Tasha. It's kinda cool being married to my best friend!
Inevitably, we've spent a chunk of time today, wondering and talking about what day we'll see our child enter the world! Guessing games aside, we really have no idea when it's all going to happen. It's so exciting, and yet it feels almost frustrating, knowing our life is going to explode into a new pattern very very soon, and yet we have no control over the time of that change. We think we're ready and yet on the other hand, we'll probably never be ready enough! However, with only an hour until we enter the official due date, I'm hoping it's sooner and not later.

Guessing Games (Clue Number 3)

Thanks for humouring me with the name-guessing. There have been a good number of guesses from Claire, Stephanie and Sue-Ann, but I'm not saying anything about whether any of them have been right or wrong, so keep the guesses coming. The answer will come soon enough! Here's the two previous clues with a new one for today!

Clue Number One: It's a Hebrew-based name from the Bible.
Clue Number Two: It's a name from the Bible, but it's NOT a name of one of the books of the Bible.
Clue Number Three: The name appears in both the New and Old Testament.

5 Comments:

At 2:05 am, Blogger Claire said...

Bum..... that means my next guess of Jesus is out....

Although, you could say Jesus is in the Old Testament if you count His Hebrew name: Y'shua. Y'shua is found approx 100 times in the Old Testament.

Am I right......? Am I right.......?

Can you tell I've been Googling?
http://www.eadshome.com/Jesuslessons.htm

 
At 2:41 am, Blogger Claire said...

I'm determined to guess the right name before baby is born...

OK. Here are my guesses for Hebrew names in both the Old and New Testament, that are not names of Books in the bible:

Gabriel
Joseph
Michael
Nathaniel
Simon
Zachary

 
At 4:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The names I thought of have all been taken, but I just wanted you both to know that we're thinking of you. This is such an exciting time but also a scary one too and we've got a pretty good idea of how you are feeling and all the emotions.
All 3 of you are in our prayers, xx

 
At 6:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, but I am only really thinking about one birthday right now. Unless things changed drastically after your last post, I guess baby doesn't share my 'cheapskate' gene and wants its own birtday parties! Cheers ... Rick

 
At 9:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

Just want to say that we will be thinking and praying for you all!

It's all very exciting! But I imagine pretty scary!

love Rach & Karl xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home