Winnie The Pooh
The nursery area of our room has taken on a definite "Winnie The Pooh" theme. I really like it and it wasn't like we planned it or anything, it just started happening. Our friends have been very generous passing on mobiles, blankets and other baby stuff (we're going to have to down-size our registry at Wal-Mart because we've got so much of it already!).
I'm just curious who named that unfortunate teddy bear? What did he do wrong to get a weird name like that? Surely Winnie is short for Winnifred (which is definitely a girls name)...probably why most people just refer to him as 'Pooh'. Why add those last two words? It's not like I would call myself 'Tasha the smelly' or anything like that. Maybe when he was named it wasn't an offensive term and it meant something completely different...I hope so for the poor bears sake. I also hope my child won't ask me to explain his name in a couple of years time!
I'll post a new pic of the nursery as soon as I figure out how to do it.

5 Comments:
Well, I'm a little partial to Winnie the Pooh......which explains the Winnie the Pooh items passed your way from my way! :-)
The character was named after a toy bear owned by Milne's son. Christopher Milne named his toy after a real bear called Winnipeg. The name "Winnie" was inspired by a pet bear of a Canadian soldier, named after his hometown of Winnipeg. And "Pooh", a swan they had met on a holiday (who appears in When We Were Very Young).
Just what you always wanted to know isn't it??? Not that I'm a Pooh fanatic or anything!!!
I'm quite partial to Winnie myself, but just felt weird calling him by name!
So 'Winnie' is short for a place in Canada...I like that.
I'm loving the fact we have a theme, it means we can make decisions about what we want on the walls and bedding etc. (and we all know how terrible Ryan and I are at being decisive!).
What's wrong with the A-team as a theme for a Nursery?
Sorry...too far...
L
Hey Loui$...I couldn't fit the life-sized A-team van replica through the door or the window to the bedroom, and the machine guns kept falling off the wall brackets. I tried propping them up on the shelf with grenades, but the camo-nets were in the way...
..."I love it when a plan comes together!"
R
Post a Comment
<< Home