You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Monday, November 13, 2006

One Month In

Gabriel is officially 1 month old today! In some ways it doesn't feel like that long...mainly because he's still so wonderful in our eyes. Our enthusiasm and love for him hasn't tapered off it's just grown to fit him (unlike his clothes). I don't really remember what being pregnant was like when I cast my mind back, so it feels like that chapter ended ages ago. We're still receiving parcels and cards in the post each day reminding us we have friends and family who are really excited about this new life. We're so grateful to all those people who have sent us cards, encouraging notes and things for Gabriel (he's thankful for clothes especially because he hates being naked!). He's started to stretch out of the little sleep suits he wore for the first couple of weeks so we're experimenting with all the new outfits people have sent us. He's definetly a boy though because he doesn't really enjoy playing "dress up". I've tried to tell him if he is sick less often we don't have to change him so much! Or even to aim for the bib or burp blanket? I don't think it's an unreasonable request!
I could talk about Gabriel all day but I'm sure some of you are interested in how us parents are coping too. Ryan and I are doing well, we're slowly learning our roles in Gabe's life and adjusting to his schedule sleeping / feeding and otherwise. We're also learning that socialising isn't quite as convenient and films can be watched in stages or with small gaps in the middle (seems he always wants to be fed when we sit down with a DVD). We haven't quite hit a pattern yet from one week to the next but I'm sure we'll get into the groove soon.

Family Photo


Even more family


Bedtime!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Glad that everything is going well with you. He is absolutely gorgeous! We cannot wait to meet Gabe, and of course see you guys again. Keep the pics coming - we love seeing Gabe and how he changes from week to week. They grow up so fast...Erin is 12 weeks this week! We are think of you guys often.
Love Lesley, Richard, Dylan & Erin
xxxx

 
At 3:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Gabriel looks very sweet. I know he will fill your life with joy, even the bad times are worth it! Good luck and Best wishes, Hope to see you again and meet the little man.
Love from,
Charlotte, Paul, Josh, Amy and Molly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home