Lil' Goopy-Eye
Gabriel (or Gaby-mate, as Aunty Manda calls him) has had an eye infection this week. We were told that it's a very normal thing for babies to have, as their eyes are so easily infected. But still, I hate seeing him with a sore eye. No doubt, this is a normal parental thing....feeling protective and worried over little things. The eye drops seem to be working already though, so no cause for concern.
He went for a check-up at the doctor's yesterday and apart from the eye infection, he's still very healthy and has gained 6.8oz in one week. They estimate an average of 4oz per week for new babies, so he's ahead of the game already and gonna be a strapping young fella, that's for sure!
We're also still very proud of him, because he seems to have found a pattern of sleeping for longer at night-time (he set a new record of 4 straight hours last night). Lots of people have advised or specualted on the whole sleeping thing. I know they mean well, but I think some people forget how encouraging (or discouraging) their comments can be. I'm losing count of how many people have said things like "He ONLY sleeps for 3 hours, that can't be good" (actually, 3 hours felt great after 1 and a half hours the night before!) or "If he's sleeping well now, make the most of it. It won't last more than a few days." (yeah thanks, that's just what I needed to hear!)
I shouldn't complain. It's awesome that people care enough to add their opinion. But whatever other people think, I very very proud of my little goopy-eyed angel.
On a different note, Tasha's family arrived safely on Saturday and we're loving having them here. They're spoiling us all with hugs, gifts and good cooking (although I think Gabriel cries when he smells how good it is and knows he can't have any!). We're so glad they're here. In fact, maybe we'll hide their plane tickets so they can't go home!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home