Gabriel's Mini Adventures
Today, Gabriel's belly button fell off. No wait, that's not what I meant...the umbilical cord stump fell off and now he has a belly button. It looks a little bit sore, but we're assured that it's normal to be a little sore looking for now. It looks so much better than it did with the stump though! The stump thing is totally normal, by the way, but it's not a pleasant looking creature and it gets in the way of the diapers, so I was really hoping it would fall off soon. And today it did!
He's been a busy boy in the last week. Monday he went to the doctors, Tuesday he went for a drive to City Hall with mummy and daddy to get registered as a human, Wednesday was his first trip to Walmart, yesterday he went to his first prayer and worship meeting at the hostel and today he was back at the hostel, enjoying listening to mummy preach and then making all the staff and residents smile! He really has been an angel through it all.
It was a bit weird at first, taking him to the hostel. A lot of very good people suggested that staying at home for the first few weeks would be best, but without wanting to be careless or silly, we think Gabriel, Tasha, me and some of the staff and residents from work gained a lot from his trips. I've talked about my family so much at work, and I think the people I interact with day by day have loved meeting Tasha in the last few weeks and now many of them have met Gabriel too. He's been prayed for, loved, blessed, complimented and cuddled by several people, and he's made us very proud parents.
Tomorrow, we're going on our first long journey with Gabriel, from London to Toronto to pick up Tasha's family from the airport. We're all very excited and I know Gabe can't wait to meet Grandma, Grandad and Auntie Manda. We're praying he enjoys another mini adventure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home