You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Tuesday, October 17, 2006

4 days in...

Well it's been 4 days since the little guy arrived on this side of Tasha's belly and what an adventure it's been. To be honest, despite the absolute chaos of such a radical change in our lives, everything has been "normal", at least in the view of the doctors, nurses, books and tv shows!
Gabriel is handsome and healthy, he feeds regularly (perhaps too regularly for anyone who values sleep), he cries when we change his diaper, he cries when we bath him, he sucks on mummy's or daddy's finger for entertainment (see pic below) and he sleeps like a .....well like a baby, I guess!
He is a little jaundiced however, but the doctor assured us that this is totally normal for a breastfed baby and we should just make sure he sees some sunlight, near a window or even outside. Well typically, the clouds are here and the rain is falling, so he isn't seeing much sun, but he is getting the daylight!
Obviously we're very proud right now. I'm proud of Gabriel for just being himself and I'm especially proud of him today for spacing out his feeds to about 2 hours between each one and even one 3 hour gap (we had a spell of almost hourly feeding and we're aiming for 3 hours regularly). And I'm proud of Tasha for an awesome display of endurance over the last 5 days. Through labour pains and sleep deprivation, she's still as beautiful as ever, incredibly cheerful and a very impressive mummy.

Here's a few more pics and we promise to keep them coming when we have time.




6 Comments:

At 7:57 pm, Blogger Sue-Ann said...

I see he has daddy's haircut! :-) Can't wait to meet him!

 
At 12:57 am, Blogger Claire said...

How does it feel to be a mummy and daddy? Or hasn't it really sunk in yet?
He's gorgeous and I really want to cuddle him. I don't want to wait another 2-3 months. :o(
Please give him a big hug and kiss from me and talk to him lots about his Auntie Claire so he knows who I am! ;o)

 
At 4:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is absolutely gorgeous! Well done both of you. That's great that he is going 2-3hrs between feeds. Keep up the good work. I'm sure his grandparents cannot wait to meet him at the weekend. Enjoy your beautiful son. Thinking of you all. Lots of love from Lesley, Richard, Dylan & Erin

 
At 4:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabriel is adorable and looks great in his red sleepsuit.
He's almost as big as Katie and she is 10 weeks older. She currently weighs in at 9lb 4oz, so there's not much in it.
Keep going with the feeding Tasha, it does get easier.
Lots of love to all 3 of you,
xx

 
At 7:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all 3 of you! Glad everyone is healthy. He is beautifull!

Bless you!

Gem

 
At 6:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

Congratulations Natasha and Ryan!!

Gabriel is absolutely beautiful, and I hope we get to meet sometime... I'll even come out to Canada if I have to!

Glad to see yopu're doing well, and I hope the ride is as easy as it's allowed to be.

Love Becca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home