Home is where you hang your hat
So when you don't wear a hat where do you call home? When I was in the UK last week I kept referring to Canada as "home" . Yet when I am in Canada I call the UK "home"...I'm not really sure how to explain this phenomenon. When I was young we moved a fair bit because my dad was in the royal air force, I think I got the bug for it because I used to love going abroad on holidays and seeing how other people live. When Ryan and I visited Canada years ago I fell in love with the scenery and the way of life here. So we vowed we would return one day to make our "home". We've been here about 20 months and we've lived in four places so we don't have a house we can call home either. So here we are in Canada calling this place our home, Gabriel has it easy because he doesn't know any different. We're looking into the possibility of moving into a house soon too so another address change will be in order!
Ryan mentioned our eternal desire in his sermon yesterday and it really rung home, we have this desire for something more than we have here. I was reminded again that this life is just a journey to the next one and we'll never really find our home until we are in Heaven. I love a lot about this life and I have to be careful not to get caught up in it.
I think I have two homes here on Earth now, I'll always be missing one of them. I value them both because the people in each place have contributed to my journey in one way or another along the way.
May God Bless all your homes!
Here are some pics from our trip "home"

1 Comments:
Hey Ryan and Tasha
interesting your title home is where you hang your hat lol I kind of feel the same way. I referred to New ZEaland a lot as home well I was in canada but here do feel like Home in Canada so its confusing guess in a way feel like I will always have too homes aswell and true they aren't our real home because a home isn't fleeting and replaceable like these ones are true home is in heaven a stable place to lay your feet and take away all the stresses which a home here can do for brief moments but not always and not or long. I am greatful that God hs allowed us to be in this place has allowed me a job and a visa and everything to run fairly smoothly for this next journey of home and life. Still one or two bedroom house seeing so that is annoying but soemthing will job out soon I am sure. If its one thing i have learnt through my realtionship with sam is that God can always be reied upon and normally whenn wwere at our wits ends an can't see how were going to get soemhere or something God comes throgh far greater then we could of imagined. Trully with a mustard seed of faith moubntains can be moved.
glad you had a wonderful trip home and that your sister had a great wedding will send you photos or ours soon.
lots of love
crystal raney
Post a Comment
<< Home