You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Monday, December 04, 2006

A rough night

I suppose we all have them from time to time, Gabriel was not in the mood for sleeping last night. We tried to put him to bed about four times before we gave in and went to bed ourselves. I think he knows when he is in the bedroom by himself because he wakes up in no time, but if we're there he definetly rests for longer. So we made it to about 1am when he starts chirping to be fed only afterwards he didn't feel like he sleeping he felt like having a conversation with the wall or the mobile...or whatever he can see in the darkened room! I got up and rocked him to sleep lay him down and crawled back into bed a little worse for wear. I have no idea what timing went on after this point, I only know that we both got up on more than one occasion in the next hour to sooth Gabe back to sleep. In the end I decided one of us should get sleep and it's probably wiser to let Ryan snooze as he had work in the morning, so Gabe and I spent the next few hours dosing on the living room couch. It turns out he just didn't want to sleep alone.
Usually I would want sympathy after such a rough night but I feel bad for Gabriel because he was obviously unhappy and he couldn't even tell us what he wanted. On Friday the doctor told us that he probably has a virus because he has a nasty rash. Plus his eye is still not better despite antibiotics and cleaning with baby shampoo for several weeks. The doctor thought that was probably viral too because the antibiotics didn't shift it. He hasn't had a temperature and up until yesterday he was feeding and sleeping quite normally for a little person. He's fast asleep in his swing now so I'm very tempted to take a nap myself and catch up a little. I'm slowly mastering the art of napping...I've found it takes patience to actually wait until you fall asleep but it's worth it when you wake up.
On a much lighter note I've captured Gabe's first attempts at smiling on camera!


3 Comments:

At 2:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rough nights come and go! I used to sleep with Kai on the couch so that we could both get a little bit of rest. Just think if he's anything like Kai he might be sleeping through by the time he's two! Just kidding! Thinking about you guys as you go through this time of adjustment still!

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger B said...

wow Gabriel is so cute! hope he brings lots of joy to your family!

freddie
xx

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger Steevy! said...

just trying to work out who Gabe looks most like...

He has the long chin and bald head of Ryan...

But has the chubby cheeks of Tash...

He looks cuter everyday!

Love y'all
Stephen x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home