Dreams
I had a strange night, last night, with a whole bunch of dreams, including one where Dad confessed to hoping that things wouldn't work out with our househunting, so we would move home to England (I know that's not a true dream, because for the last few months, dad has been assuring us of his prayers that things DO work out); and then another part of the dream where Tasha was planning a trip to visit England without me, and without telling me that she was spending hundreds of dollars to do it. And then a really long part of the dream involving me watching two cars racing on the wrong side of the road, just outside our apartment then and crashing and running over two people who I presumed dead until later in the day when they woke up on my sofa.
...something tells me I need to switch to decaf.
I guess the overactive imagination could have been caused by an eventful week. Gabriel now has two new teeth and consequently we are back to having less sleep than usual (which wasn't much to start with).
Also this week, Tasha and I have had a couple of opportunities to take stock of things here in Canada and debate the length of our stay in the country. And tied in to that discussion has been the whole househunting procedure. We passed through stage one, which was looking at lots and lots (and lots) of houses...then stage two was the offer stage, where we found the house we wanted and negotiated the right price.....and then stage three, where we had to find a mortgage, an insurance company, a lawyer and a house inspector (none of which were free or easy!). So now we reach "Stage Four" where we have completed all the requirements and signed the paperwork and just have to wait for the lawyers to do their thing and contact us to sign the legal stuff.
If this stage goes well, we will be moving into out cute little bungalow at the end of May. It's an answer to our prayers and the result of lots of hard work and patience, but we're very excited and I'm sure Gabriel is just as excited as we are at the thought of having his own bedroom, where he can squeak and squark at 4am, as much as he likes!
Anyway, this is a longer blog than usual, but I thought it was time I wrote something!
Until next time......

1 Comments:
Well, let me be the first to write congratulations on your blog! Wow, can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment
<< Home