Fun & Games
Gabriel and I have been keeping ourselves very busy this last week (that's my excuse for not blogging!). We've been looking at houses a lot and considering all the details involved with that, we're just praying this process doesn't leave us in the same mood as the car buying escapade did! We were pretty serious about two houses but they both fell through, for different reasons (renovation and area related) and in hindsight we know we made the right decision not to pursue them further. We have another one to visit this week so we're praying it'll be a good one and that we will keep our eyes peeled for potential problems. Because we are shopping in the lower end of the market in a downtown area we have to be very careful, so it's taking a while. I'm staying positive because I know we're looking to move for the right reasons, we're trying not to get materialistic or buy beyond our means.
We've been to visit the 24/7 prayer room a couple of times too which has been a real blessing. I'm not exaggerating when I say an hour in there feels like 15minutes. I've already felt a lift in my spirit from spending more time in God's presence...not sure what Gabe's opinion is on it yet!
Speaking of Gabriel, he surprised us this morning by crawling out of his bouncy chair. He'd dropped his new rattle (thanks Jeremiah he loves it!) off the side of his chair and was straining against his belly strap to lean forward and get it. So I thought I'd undo one side so he could grab it, he didn't quite succeed but daddy helped him out and he sat back happily holding his treasure. So then Ryan and I were talking and we heard him yell...he'd dropped it again and leant right out the side of the chair and was stuck with one leg strapped in and the rest of him on the floor! Good thing his chair is so low to the ground or we could have had a serious accident. Looks like we have to strap him in every time now because he's learning to move. He's been leaning forward like that loads lately it's like he's intent on eating his toes. He's not bothered about sitting up yet though...maybe his toes are too much of a distraction!
While we were home in England Gabe started experimenting with his voice and he's come a long way since. Every morning he wakes us with the cutest little noise it sounds like the letter 'a' but he kind of growls it or squeaks it! It's nice, I much prefer being woken by a happy little sound in contrast to the hungry yell it used to be. He smiles at us when we come over and is normally content to lie and talk to us for half an hour. He's becoming quite sociable (well as long as he is the centre of attention!) he seems to enjoy older kids looking at him and playing with his little hands. He enjoyed hanging out with uncle Nano on Saturday morning, even if he did put a cowboy hat on him...unfortunately I forgot the camera again. He's had a lot more exposure to little kids recently and he doesn't mind that all the toddlers try sticking his dummy in his mouth for him. I got some cute pictures of him at the baby group yesterday interacting with Lauren (10mo) and Hannah (3yrs).

2 Comments:
Awww! He looks like he's having so much fun lol And so facinated by the world! - He's got such beautiful big eyes!
Hey Tasha,
He looks so much more like you now, especially in the photo called "A".
Miss you all lots.
Auntie Claire
xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home