Photo Diary
Monday June 11: Gabe and I arrived safely in Manchester Airport at lunchtime in England after an amazingly smooth trip. We were put to the front of queues, blessed with three seats and we slept for most of the flight. So we were very excited and in a great mood when we met Grandpa. After some crafty car packing we were soon speeding along the motorway to see everyone else. It was wonderful to see my parents and siblings. My dad, Gabe and I went for a nice long walk to see some horses at the stable down the road. Here's a wee pic of Auntie Manda showing Gabe how to pose for the camera!
Tuesday June 12: We spent the day hanging out and catching up with my side of the family.Here's uncle Paul teaching Gabe how to stick his tongue out!
Wednesday June 13: Ryan arrived early Wednesday morning...but our reunion was delayed because Manda had locked Gabe and I in the house when she went out to college! I tried phoning everyone but no-one was able to help so we started getting inventive trying every key I could find then passing them through the letter box for Ryan to have a go too. Eventually I remembered the next door neighbour used to have a spare key so Ryan went across to fetch it and luckily she recognised him and happily handed it over. The conclusion to the story is that I now have my own key that I will keep for my next visit. Gabe was very happy to be rescued by his daddy and Pops' and here's a great pic of him trying on Pop's hat. The other is of him taking his afternoon nap in the comfiest place he could find while Daddy did the same on the other couch. We had a busy day on Wednesday Daddy had a wedding rehearsal to attend in the evening we went back to my parents house.
![]() | ![]() |
My old friend Louis was about to arrive after a very very long bus ride from the south. I believe they are dancing to Abba in this picture.Thursday June 14: We went shopping in the newly renovated Warrington Mall and enjoyed scones with Devonshire clotted cream and Strawberries for lunch. Then Ryan had to organise the Stag do so we did a bit of brainstorming and paid the deposit for the evening. Gabe and I visited with Richard and Lesley and their two munchkins Dylan and Erin. Gabriel had a fantastic time watching Dylan run around and play with his toys. It was great to see Erin too because she is only a couple of months older than Gabe so Lesley and I have been sharing stories by email for a while. We left with a few new toys too for Gabriel that Dylan kindly picked out.
Friday June 15: Ryan spent the morning with Martyn helping him with last minute details for the wedding. Gabriel and I visited Liverpool University with my dad who had to pick up his first year results. He did really well and he beat my score in physics so well done Grandpa! (for those of you who don't know my dad is currently studying the degree I did). It was really cool to go into the uni and speak to my old lecturers and introduce them to Gabe. We also got to meet some of my mum's work mates because we picked her up afterwards.

We celebrated that night by treating ourselves to a take out...hmm love Indian food made in Britain haha! We tried to weasel information about the stag do out of him but it sounds like they had a very well behaved evening with much bowling and joking around involved. Here's a lovely pic of my dad teaching Gabe how o play with his new toy...or maybe it's the other way around?
Saturday June 16: We took a quick trip into the countryside to visit my Grandma who hasn't been very well and was unable to travel down to see us. Gabriel spent the whole time showing off walking around with the foot stools and generally charming everyone!
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
We got back just in time for the wedding at 2pm and watched as Martyn married Heather...aww! The ceremony was lovely and after the vows Gabe and I went for a look at the gardens because he was mega wriggly. Daddy looked gorgeous in his Tux and he did a great job of his speech too. The reception was great and the food was so tasty, Gabriel really enjoyed it too. He was given a couple of toys to play with which entertained him during the speeches.
![]() | Here's some proof Heather looked absolutely gorgeous and she actually asked to hold Gabriel! We'll convert her to motherhood in no time haha! |
![]() | ![]() |
I also got evidence of Ryan looking handsome and dancing the night away with Chris. Stephen & Louisa were at the night do too so I caught them on camera too.


Well that's the first week covered so watch this space for the sequel.










2 Comments:
I believe I was teaching Gabe the importance of sticking your tongue out while you are learning a new skill (walking, for example).
Hmm I'm still not sure!
Post a Comment
<< Home