You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Sunday, July 01, 2007

Intentional forward propulsion

Backwards hmmm... not quite!
Let me out of the cage Mummy!
I'm coming to get you!
Ready
Steady

Go!

It's not exactly crawling, or scooching or even shuffling it's like Gabe's own little bum shuffle thing. He keeps his bum firmly on the floor and uses his hands to pull himself forwards. He kind of uses his left leg as a stabiliser (Auntie Jenn calls it his dead leg) when he's pulling his bum forward...crazy stuff! It's very handy that we have slippery floors or he would just have to stay where we put him. As you can see from the above photos he's also trying to stand up and escape so we'll have our hands full pretty soon.

4 Comments:

At 4:29 pm, Blogger Tasha said...

I posted this just a few hour ago and I already have more to add! Gabe pulled himself up to standing in his room without any help from us at all.

 
At 4:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a word of warning. Make the most of all the rest you can get before the little one really gets going. Katie couldn't crawl last week, she could go backwards and sort of shuffle forwards. This week she can. She also likes to climp up the tv, the table, the chairs, the sofa, the bath, pretty much anything she can get a grip of. I'm shattered. It's a nightmare trying to follow her around the place preventing any major accidents (we've already had lots of minor ones).

Sorry, I'm not very positive, I'm just worn out. Obviously it's great our children are growing and developing new skills and are enjoying exploring the world, but please can they hurry up and learn about safety.

Have fun :)

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger Tasha said...

I suppose I better buy some baby gates then! I was over the moon when I realised he was mobile...but after a moment to digest I'm now thoroughly scared of what happens next...he grows up and gets into trouble...discipline...so many things to figure out?!
Take Care Debbie!

 
At 4:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tasha

Once they are mobile, then the hard work begins! Erin is into everything, climbing on things and knows no fear! She lets go and stands on her own for ages and takes three steps on her own now...not bad for 10 months. She is as mischievous as her older brother. Definitely cannot take my eyes off them for a second! They are as bad as each! Once Gabe starts getting around then you will have to watch him. They definitely get into all sorts. The fun begins :)
It was great catching up and spending some time with you and Gabe. lots of love to you all,
Lesley, Richard, Dylan and Erin xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home