You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Thursday, August 16, 2007

Job Hunting ...Blah!

It's been a while since I blogged...simply because I have nothing interesting to say. I've been job hunting and sending resumes all over the place. No-one is interested though, I haven't heard back from anyone - literally. It seems you need a specific qualification for every job and I don't have any of them...nor am I allowed to study, or work in the areas I have experience and am trained in. Frustration and apathy are starting to set in, when I should be enjoying every minute of my freedom I'm worrying about how we'll cope if I can't find anything. We've been rejected for child care subsidy too, so we'll have to pay full price. It seems our non-resident status is more important to people handing out help and we'll just have to reapply when we become residents. I'm not bitter I'm just a little upset that Gabe may have to miss out on day care because his parents aren't Canadians.
I'm very sure that I will get a job, it's not like I've lost all hope, but I've come to the realisation that I'm not as desirable to potential employers as I'd hoped. I'm starting to think it unlikely that the job i get will pay well enough to fund Gabe's care.
I have hope because God has promised to look after me but I don't have enough foresight to see how. Is it big headed to think I should be looking for something more than McDonalds / Tim Hortons work? Or should I swallow my pride and apply for something in retail or catering? I'm really struggling with my own ambition, I thought I was lacking in ambition a few months back, but now I know I'm not. I've done some more extensive research into radiotherapy and found that I won't be able to do that for at least 2 years if not 3 (the waiting is due to applications for permanent residency the exam and registration).
I think the whole point of me writing this stuff down is to point out to anyone who is reading this that I'm looking for work. If any of you Canadians see something of interest you should totally contact me. The last job I did was recommended by a friend and it seems that is the best way to find fulfilling work, so I'm trusting it will happen again.
In His Hands

5 Comments:

At 11:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Job hunting is such a pain in the butt eh!! Have you tried looking at the government website, jobbank.gc.ca?? There isn't always a huge amount on there, but you might be able to find something. It's worth a shot anyway.

{PS. Did you get my email about the Y?? I sent it yesterday, I'm going to go next week sometime to look into it}

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger Tasha said...

Thanks Erica...yeah that website has been my internet home for a week or so now haha! I got your email so i defo want to go next week I need company to motivate me!

 
At 2:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I feel your fustration! We have never met, but I have heard awesome things from Ryan and Aurora, (as I am one of the cooks at the Centre of Hope), about you.
What are you trained in? What type of work are you looking for?
I was on Employment Insurance last year and introduced to many free programs that are able to help with job seeking in London. There are also a few people that you can pay to meet with that connect you with eager employers.
Just give me a few job titles or places you want to work at; and I will try to help you. Good luck!

Sincerly, Nadine

 
At 6:52 am, Blogger Claire said...

How's your CV looking, application letter and interview planning? I was a Recruitment Consultant for a year and a half so I can take a look at your CV if you like and help you out if it needs work. I'm also REALLY good at planning for interviews, so I usually have answers to the questions they ask and don't end up stuck for something to say... it's all in the planning!!

Let me know if you need help. x x x

 
At 6:53 am, Blogger Loulabell said...

I can totally relate to ur frustrations, I only needed a part time job for my first year at uni, and I sent out so many letters and nobody replies! However God does not give up, cus a while later I got a reply from one, had an interview a few days later and had the job the next day! Just make sure you're open to all opportunities, and I'm sure you'll be blessed by God :) take care xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home