You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Monday, August 06, 2007

Poorly Baby

Unfortunately Gabriel has been pretty sick this week he started off with a cold and that was fine but then he caught a stomach virus from somewhere...that wasn't so good! I've had to wash pretty much all his clothes and plenty of ours because he's been so sickly. I won't go into details because it's not fair on those squeamish readers. It's safe to say no one really wanted to hold him for any length of time this week. He's been sleeping for up to 3 hours during the day which is unheard of for Gabe so that's another sign he wasn't 100%. The poor little thing lost a bunch of weight too he was weighed on Monday at 20lb 15oz then on Friday at 20lb 4oz so he lost 11oz in four days. It's not surprising because his appetite was next to zero and he wasn't willing to drink much either for a while. He's almost back to himself now, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear. We're back at the doctors again tomorrow for another weigh and follow up. We've been giving him electrolyte juice for the last couple of days to help him rehydrate and he loves it...so much for avoiding sweet drinks until he's older!
Sorry no pictures - didn't think you'd enjoy them much!

3 Comments:

At 9:59 pm, Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Hope Gabe is feeling better...it's funny, CJ said today (we were at Victoria Park), I want to see Gabe he isn't feeling well! I didn't know Gabe wasn't feeling well, but now reading this CJ obviously knew something we didn't!

 
At 10:14 pm, Blogger Tasha said...

You have a little boy with a gift there Sue!
We should definitely hang out soon for games night.
Tasha

 
At 4:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he's feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home