Living Room: Finished (almost!)
After a lot of help from friends with the painting, our living room is just about complete. Tasha put a lot of work and ideas into this room especially. She picked the wall and ceiling colours, helped painted them, painted most of the gloss trim (baseboards, window frame, door frame, etc), scrubbed the floors, picked the hanging picture and had a say and a hand in moving all the furniture! Just like Tasha, I think the room glows!
I couldn't decide whether to use the flash or not. The first version shows what it looks like in daylight, but I like the yellow glow that shows up at night with the lamps on. Very pretty!
It seems like such a little thing, but I love the white column on the far wall. It's the same colour as the ceiling, which really just gives the wall something extra. Small but significant stuff like that makes me happy with the final result.
We picked a mirror for one of the side walls, in an attempt to try throw a little bit more light into the room. It seems to help, but more so in the daytime.
Sadly, we are still haunted by the evil door (see below). I don't know how to describe the DIY skills of the previous owners, but this "door frame" sums up the many "challenges" we have faced and have yet to face in this house. I'm not really looking forward to the weekend or two that I'll spend repairing it, but I'll be glad when it's gone. Note Tasha trying to look part of the furniture. Nice try!
Labels: House

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home