You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Monday, September 17, 2007

First Word

Gabriel has officially uttered his first real word! I was trying to teach him a word that was similar to his baby gobbledegook so I took to saying the word "ball" whenever there was a ball around and saying it repeatedly. About a week later I bought him a little yellow ball and he kept saying it over and over again "ball, ball ball" it was very cute and he definitely knew what it meant and was concerned when the ball disappeared from sight. It was a lovely moment when I realised my son has been listening all this time! He's taken to clapping a lot too which is really cute, I think, he thinks it means "more" in sign language. Because he tends to do it at the dinner table after I ask him if he wants more (using the sign which is a little similar). That is quite a wordy sentence for me, I do apologise if you have to reread it lol!
On another note I have accepted a temporary job at DHQ so for a couple of months I can relax and try to work out how one works and runs a house hold with a little one. He will be test driving his daycare next week - we've been to visit and I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm grateful in a sense that I will be surrounded by friends at DHQ during that time and not trying to make new ones and deal with the guilt of leaving him at the same time.

1 Comments:

At 4:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats of the new job. I heard about it last week.

I have to say I am a little surprised his first word was ball and not Perron:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home