You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Saturday, November 03, 2007

New Job

Well I have a new job, I left DHQ yesterday and it was very strange because there was little point saying goodbye this time as I'll be working all of ten minutes away. I got the Office Administrator job at the Centre of Hope (where Ryan works) a couple of weeks ago.
So the last 5 weeks have been a whirl wind tour of the PR departments busiest time of year. I was so happy to be taken back on board at DHQ because it's assuaged all my doubts about my abilities. The people in the department have been such good teachers that I feel I know a whole other side to the army and I am amazed by how generous the public really is.
On Thursday night I went out on the soup van for the first time and had a great time, I can now see why Ryan enjoys it so much. We just decided last minute that Ryan should have a night in babysitting because I hadn't been out this week and he'd been doing loads and was a bit wiped out. So I bundled myself up and said good night to the baby and off I went on a merry little adventure. It was so rewarding just meeting people where they are and trying to help them with their daily struggle. I was the sock and hat queen of the evening so I basically went round asking if people needed socks or hats and tried to get them set for a cold night. It got pretty quiet at about 9.30, so I challenged one of the guys to try stop all the bus drivers to give them drinks and hot dogs. We were only semi successful but it was good fun and one lady bus driver went away much happier! It's getting colder here now with frost in the morning but no snow yet, so I imagine the van will be in great demand in the coming weeks.
Anyway, that's all for now folks!

2 Comments:

At 11:39 am, Blogger Rick said...

Congratulations Natasha on your new job. What sort of things will you be doing?

Love to you all ... Grandpa

 
At 9:22 pm, Blogger Tasha said...

Not really sure yet, I'll try to blog at the end of the week when. I might know what I'm talking about by then! It'd be pretty much generalisations and guess work if I were to try and answer now.
Love Tx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home