You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bonjovi!

I'm still buzzing, the concert was outstanding the music was suberb and my cheap seats were more than worth it! We thought we would end up behind the stage but in fact we were right next to it and only 5 rows from the front. Jon came over to our side of the stage several times during the night - which was pretty cool I have to admit I was excited to see him so close. It's kind of funny cause when he first came out I realised just how old he actually is and how Richie (lead guitar) is completely stuck in the eighties with his red flares and crazy hair. Their music has lost none of it's flair though, their sound is so refined - I never realised all the different instruments that make up their sound. There was a guy playing some kind of flat guitar style thing - it looked pretty cool though with blue lights behind it's strings.
They're very clever when they do shows like this because they "warm" the crowd up with a mediocre band then the main band come on and everyone realizes just how good the lead band actually are. I was a little concerned when the first band played that we wouldn't be able to see much because their speakers were blocking our view of the main stage. When they packed up though all that stuff was moved away and we had a fantastic view. My friend Sue took all the pictures though, so you'll have to check out her blog (link called Sue-ann & Greg along the right of the screen) you'll be able to tell from a couple of them just how close we were. I also scanned in the pictures from the paper on Tuesday because they were really cool.
Nice close up of Richie's lovely red flares & Jon just sucking up the attention!

Bed of Roses I think from the expression...maybe?!

Hopefully Sue will be sending me the other pics soon and I can post them on this blog, but in the mean time feel free to check out her post about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home