The Latest
So the latest news from the Parkins in lovely snowy Ontario - that's right snowy. On Wednesday we had rain and 16degrees then Friday we woke up to 10 centimetres of snow - talk about mental! Gabe did not remember snow from last year so he stood awe struck on the front garden first thing Friday morning - he seemed to be trying to decide whether to dive into it head first or not. I decided for him - maybe he can do that when theres a bit more snow and we know we can just shove him in a warm bath afterwards, but not before getting into the car.
Gabe has been poorly this last week with many a nappy and clothes change - you can connect the dots there I'm sure. So he only had a couple of days at daycare, we didn't really want him passing this virus onto any of the other kids. On Thursday he stayed with our good friend Marilyn for the day and he seemed to have a great time. I love how he's so adaptable and doesn't get messed up by a change in routine. Yesterday he stayed at home with daddy and of course had a great time going shopping, checking out the snow and hanging out with uncle Dan.
Well I've been on a new adventure myself this last two weeks I've been learning my role within the admin office at the hostel. I'm starting to really like working there, the managers and everyone in the office have welcomed me and taken a real interest in me so thats encouraging. I've been brushing up on some skills I haven't used in a while - minute taking especially. I've been meeting all the new employees as they come to me to get swipe cards and ID cards and all that sort of stuff. I spent the first week just sorting through the work area trying to figure out where everything is and then last week my supervisor was away so I got a bit of training and have added a couple of new items to my "Tasha Do list". I went out with the girls from DHQ at Thursday lunch and had a great time catching up with them and making plans to get to the Bonjovi concert on Monday. P.S I'm going to see Bonjovi in about 48 hours!! I am of course very excited and will blog first chance I get afterwards!
Ryan may be blogging on the house blog soon to because the bathroom is edging ever closer to being completely finished...including all those annoying little jobs. So life goes on here as Christmas gets closer we're starting to make our plans and decide if the tree should go up yet and what to get people. Seems like we get pretty caught up in things at this time of year but I'm trying to keep out of the consumer side of it and focus on meeting with people and enjoying company rather than stressing over gifts - its much more fun in my humble opinion!

2 Comments:
Its great to hear you're settling into your new job, and snow too, what more can you ask for! :) x
P.S. Less than 24 hours and we'll be seeing Bon Jovi!
Post a Comment
<< Home