You are now entering the fascinating world of Ryan and Tasha!


'The Parkins' For Dummies


Saturday, November 24, 2007

Buy Nothing Day

Has anyone heard much about this new movie/documentary called 'What Would Jesus Buy?'. It's directed by the guy who starred in the 'SuperSize Me' documentary a few years ago. Apparently, this new movie is a good stand against consumerism, with a 'Christian angle' ...if you could call it that. It does poke a little bit of fun, by mocking the stereotypical televangelist, but who doesn't mock those guys??? However, it seems that it's message is that we've cheapened the season by making it a season to spend and collect debt.

So with that in mind, TODAY is international 'Buy Nothing Day'! Unless you read this super-early, it might be too late to jump aboard, but this idea could be fun to do for ourselves today or another day. A day where we buy nothing! I know a day might not change much, but the organizers say that it "isn't just about changing your habits for one day" but "about starting a lasting lifestyle commitment to consuming less and producing less waste". I'm aboard that idea.

Let me know your thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree we all spend too much. Unfortunately, I have already bought stuff today (only food and petrol though). Sounds like you had fun at the Bon Jovi concert. We are going to see Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds at the MEN next Sunday.

Love Grandpa X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home